Hybrid dentures, also known as fixed-detachable dentures or implant-supported dentures, are a cutting-edge dental
solution for individuals with missing teeth. Unlike traditional removable dentures that rest on the gums or rely on
adhesive creams, hybrid dentures are secured in place using dental implants.
Procedure for Getting Hybrid Dentures
Getting hybrid dentures is a multi-step process that requires careful planning and collaboration between the patient
and the dental team. The procedure begins with a comprehensive examination of the oral health, including X-rays and
impressions of the teeth and gums. Once the initial assessment is complete, any necessary extractions or dental work
will be performed to ensure a solid foundation for the dentures. This may include removing damaged teeth or
preparing implants to support the hybrid denture.
Next, precise measurements are taken to create a customized framework that will serve as the anchor for the
prosthetic teeth. This framework is typically made from metal or acrylic materials and is designed to fit securely
in place. After fabricating this framework, it is tested for fit and comfort before being permanently attached to
either implants or natural teeth. Once secured, artificial teeth are added to match your desired size, shape, color,
Adjustments may be made if needed to ensure optimal functionality and aesthetics. Our dentist in Chesapeake, VA, will
provide instructions on how best to care for your new hybrid dentures so they can last for years with proper
Benefits of Hybrid Dentures
Hybrid dentures offer a range of benefits that make them an excellent option for individuals who have lost most or
all of their natural teeth.
- One of the main advantages is that hybrid dentures provide superior stability compared to traditional removable
dentures. With hybrid dentures, you can enjoy confidence and peace of mind knowing that your new teeth are
secure and will not slip or move while eating or speaking.
- Another benefit is improved chewing efficiency. Hybrid dentures are firmly anchored in place using dental
implants, which means they function just like natural teeth. This allows for a better biting force, enabling you
to eat a wider variety of foods without restrictions.
- In addition to improved functionality, hybrid dentures also offer enhanced aesthetics. These restorations are
custom-made to match the appearance and shape of your natural teeth, providing a seamless blend with your smile.
The result is a beautiful and natural-looking set of teeth that can boost your self-confidence.
- Hybrid dentures promote long-term oral health by preventing bone loss in the jawbone. Dental implants used in
hybrid denture placement stimulate the surrounding bone tissue, helping to maintain its strength and density
- Unlike traditional removable dentures, which may require messy adhesives for stability, hybrid denture wearers
do not need any additional products or tools for maintenance. They can be cared for just like regular teeth
through daily brushing and flossing routines.
The many benefits offered by hybrid dentures make them an attractive choice for individuals seeking a permanent
solution to restore their smile and improve their quality of life.
Maintenance and Care for Hybrid Dentures
Taking care of your hybrid dentures is crucial to ensure their longevity and keep your oral health in check. Here are
some important tips to follow:
- Daily Cleaning: Just like natural teeth, hybrid dentures need regular cleaning. Brush them with a soft-bristle
toothbrush and non-abrasive toothpaste at least twice a day. Be gentle yet thorough to remove any food particles
or plaque buildup.
- Rinse after Meals: After eating, rinse your mouth and dentures with water to eliminate any loose debris.
- Remove Dentures at Night: It's essential to give your gums a break by removing the dentures while sleeping. Soak
them in a mild denture cleaner or water overnight, following the instructions provided by your dentist.
- Handle with Care: When handling your hybrid dentures, be careful not to drop them as they can easily fracture or
break. Place a towel on the counter or sink while cleaning so that if they do fall accidentally, there's less
chance of damage.
- Regular Dental Check-ups: Schedule routine dental visits for professional cleaning and examination of your
hybrid dentures' fit and condition.
- Avoid Harsh Products: Stay away from abrasive cleaners, bleach-based products, hot water, or sharp instruments,
as these can cause damage to the material of the denture.
By following these simple steps and maintaining good oral hygiene practices overall, you can ensure the durability
and optimal functioning of your hybrid dentures for years to come!
Experience the pinnacle of dental excellence at Advanced Sedation Dentistry, where our unwavering commitment
to delivering world-class dental care sets us apart. Elevate your oral health journey by visiting our
state-of-the-art facility located at 200 N Battlefield Blvd #4, Chesapeake, VA 23320. For personalized
assistance and to schedule your appointment, call us at (757) 769-7155. Your path to optimal dental wellness
begins with us.