Invisalign aligners are clear, custom-made trays that fit snugly over your teeth. These aligners are made from a
smooth and comfortable plastic material that gently shifts your teeth into their desired positions over time.
Invisalign aligners offer a convenient and effective solution for straightening your teeth without the discomfort and
visibility of traditional braces. With their clear, removable design, Invisalign aligners provide a discreet way to
achieve your desired smile.
How Does Invisalign Work?
First, our dentist in Chesapeake, VA, will create a customized treatment plan for you. This involves taking digital
scans or impressions of your teeth, which are then used to create a series of clear plastic aligners. Each set of
aligners is worn for about two weeks before being replaced by the next set in the series. The aligners gradually and
gently shift your teeth into their desired position over time.
One of the key aspects of Invisalign is that the aligners can be removed when eating or drinking, allowing you to
enjoy all your favorite foods without any restrictions. However, it's important to wear them for at least 20-22
hours per day for optimal results. Throughout the treatment process, you'll have regular check-ups with our dentist
to monitor progress and make adjustments as needed. These visits also provide an opportunity to address any concerns
or questions you may have.
Invisalign works by applying controlled force on specific areas of your teeth in order to gradually move them into
alignment. It's an effective solution for correcting various dental issues, such as gaps, crowding, and
Benefits of Invisalign Aligners
- One of the main benefits of Invisalign aligners is their virtually invisible appearance. Unlike traditional
metal braces, which can be quite noticeable and sometimes even uncomfortable, Invisalign aligners are made from
clear plastic material. This means that when you're wearing them, most people won't even notice!
- Another advantage of Invisalign is its removability. With traditional braces, it can be challenging to clean
your teeth properly or eat certain foods without damaging the brackets or wires. However, with Invisalign
aligners, you can easily remove them before meals and brush your teeth like normal.
- In addition to the aesthetic advantages and convenience factor, Invisalign also offers a more comfortable
treatment experience compared to traditional braces. The smooth plastic material used in making these aligners
ensures that there are no sharp edges or protruding wires irritating your gums or cheeks.
- Since each set of Invisalign aligners is custom-made for your teeth alignment needs, they provide precise and
consistent results throughout the duration of your treatment. This personalized approach ensures that each tooth
moves gradually into its correct position over time.
- Regular adjustments aren't necessary as with traditional braces (where you need to visit the dentist every few
weeks), and fewer appointments are required with Invisalign treatment. This means less time spent in the dental
office and more time enjoying life outside!
Maintaining and Caring for Invisalign Aligners
Maintaining and caring for your Invisalign aligners is crucial to ensure that they stay clean, odor-free, and
effective throughout your treatment journey. Here are some essential tips to help you keep your aligners in top
- First and foremost, it's important to maintain good oral hygiene. This means brushing and flossing your teeth
regularly, as well as cleaning your aligners every day. Be sure to brush both the inside and outside of your
aligners with a soft toothbrush using gentle circular motions.
- When it comes to cleaning solutions, avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive toothpaste on your aligners.
Instead, opt for a mild denture cleaner or soak them in a solution of water mixed with hydrogen peroxide.
Remember to rinse them thoroughly before putting them back in!
- In order to prevent staining or discoloration of your aligners, it's best to remove them when eating or drinking
anything other than water. This will also help minimize the risk of trapping food particles between your teeth
and the aligner.
- It's recommended that you wear each set of aligners for about 20-22 hours per day. Make sure not to leave them
out for extended periods, as this can delay the progress of your treatment.
- Always store your aligners properly when not wearing them. Use the provided case rather than wrapping them in
tissue or leaving them exposed on surfaces where they can easily get lost or damaged.
By following these simple tips for maintaining and caring for Invisalign Aligners, you'll be able to achieve optimal
results while keeping those trays clean and fresh!
Experience the pinnacle of dental excellence at Advanced Sedation Dentistry, where our unwavering commitment
to delivering world-class dental care sets us apart. Elevate your oral health journey by visiting our
state-of-the-art facility located at 200 N Battlefield Blvd #4, Chesapeake, VA 23320. For personalized
assistance and to schedule your appointment, call us at (757) 769-7155. Your path to optimal dental wellness
begins with us.