Invisalign aligners are computer-generated, clear plastic trays that are custom-designed to fit each patient's teeth.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a series of clear, removable aligners that straighten teeth without the need for metal brackets or wires. They are made of BPA-free plastic and designed to be worn over the teeth but removed to eat and brush your teeth. Each aligner is worn for two weeks at a time, with occasional changes every two to four weeks. You can remove them to eat and drink throughout the day, so you don't have to worry about any restrictions on your diet! The custom-made aligners gradually shift your teeth into their proper alignment without hassle or discomfort. In addition, they are barely noticeable, and most people won't notice you are wearing them at all!
Benefits of Invisalign Aligners
Patients like the discreet appearance of Invisalign, as clear aligners are less visible than traditional metal brackets and wires. Moreover, the removable aligners are easy to clean, comfortable to wear, and easy to keep clean as well. The major benefits of Invisalign aligners are as follows:
- Comfortable: Invisalign aligners are made from smooth, clear plastic that is free of brackets and wires. Dental patients feel more comfortable with Invisalign than with braces.
- Convenient: Invisalign aligners can be removed during meals to ensure no food is stuck between teeth or in the trays. Unlike traditional metal braces, Invisalign aligners are also easily removed for brushing and flossing.
- Aesthetic: Invisalign offers a discreet straightening option that doesn't compromise aesthetics. Patients can feel confident in their smile during treatment thanks to the nearly invisible aligners.
- Fewer dental visits: There are no wires to tighten and fewer appointments necessary because there are no adjustments needed compared to traditional braces.
- Reduced risk of plaque buildup: Since Invisalign aligners are removed during eating, the risk of food becoming trapped in the teeth and leading to cavities is reduced.
- Faster results: The treatment is shorter than with traditional braces, with fewer visits to the dentist's office required.
- Alignment of teeth: With Invisalign being a popular treatment for a variety of dental issues, including overbite, underbite, crossbite, and more, patients can see their teeth straighten and become properly aligned over time.
Visit Advanced Sedation Dentistry at one of our locations: 616 Virginia Beach Blvd #102, Virginia Beach, VA 23451, or 200 N Battlefield Blvd #4, Chesapeake, VA 23320, to find out if same-day crowns would be a good choice for you!